Technology Manager for Entertainment Company
Key Publishing Group (KPG) has been producing print magazines since 1996, and hosts international trade shows in Los Angeles, New York, London, Vancouver, B.C., Sydney and Toronto. KPG is building progressive applications for our industry-leading websites and invites you to join our team!
KPG has an immediate opening for a talented Technology Manager to oversee our company's technical needs and manage third-party developers. Become part of a bright and dedicated team that publishes print magazines and produces interactive websites and trade shows for the entertainment industry worldwide. We take our work seriously, yet our company has a creative and fun environment.
The job demands a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines. The Technology Manager is a leader who works well in a team environment. It requires the ability to be flexible to respond to the unexpected, and have good humor under pressure. A big plus if you can juggle swordfish and thread a needle at the same time.
• Overseeing third-party developers for web, Android and iPhone apps
• Being a primary problem-solving resource
• Participating in brainstorming and concept development
• Responsible for the selecting, installing, configuring, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks
• Defining system and operational policies and procedures
• Participating in live site support when issues escalate
• Traveling to our international shows with our team
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Ability to effectively manage complex work streams across multiple team members
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Multi-tasking experience, specifically with multiple projects/deadlines
• 5+ years hands-on experience in software product management/development from inception to launch
• 3+ years experience developing database-driven web applications with PHP and MySQL as core technologies
The ideal candidate:
• Strong working knowledge of Word Press, OS Commerce, Magento
• Experience with the software as a service (SaaS) model
Key Publishing Group provides:
– a very competitive salary
– medical benefits
– dental benefits
– Bragging rights too numerous to mention here
For consideration, email your résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.
Key Publishing Group has readers in more than 70 countries around the world.