Join the Key Publishing Group Editorial Department!
Key Publishing Group seeks an expert communicator with superlative editorial and organizational skills to join our staff.
KPG is the publisher of Make-Up Artist magazine-a bimonthly trade magazine for professional make-up artists-and producer of the International Make-Up Artist Trade Show (IMATS), held six times annually worldwide, with education and events for make-up pros.
We're looking for someone to serve as our IMATS education coordinator and editorial team member. Like most KPG employees, this person will wear both an IMATS hat and a Make-Up Artist hat (editor's note: hats are figurative). The education coordinator will:
- Recruit educators (includes working with make-up artist agencies and IMATS vendors)
- Develop a comprehensive education schedule for all six IMATS
- Write introduction scripts
- Travel to all six shows to manage education support staff and oversee educational lineup
- Act as liaison for guest speakers and educators
- Collect, edit, post and update schedule, including bios, class descriptions and educator images
- Assist editorial department with IMATS promotional collateral
The editorial team member's duties may include, but aren't limited to:
- Editing, fact-checking and proofing copy for our print and tablet editions
- Editing IMATS collateral (show programs, signage, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Updating magazine archives and contact lists
- PR outreach and follow-up
- Occasional news and feature writing
To be considered, candidates MUST:
- Have a degree in journalism, English or public relations (we will also consider marketing)
- Have a superb command of grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition
- Be organized/friendly/patient/persistent
- Be able to manage constant, and often overlapping, deadlines
- Work collaboratively with others
- Have a robust sense of humor
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the make-up industry
- Marketing experience
- Fluency in a language other than English
KPG offers a competitive salary, medical/dental benefits and a 401K option. To apply, please send three published clips of your work, along with a resume, cover letter and three professional references. Please, no phone calls.